The Song of the Birds: A Life Outside My Door Poem

This morning I heard birds singing...
This is what I heard:
Their  chirps were of melodious spirit, uplifting and exuberant;
Songs filled with gratitude and joy!
Grateful were the birds, for a brand new day!

Noticeably absent from their tunes were cries of despair;
No mourning or weeping.
Happy!  Yes, happy were the birds!
Gleeful, giddy, and wonderful - those birds!

"Welcome!"  "Rise and shine!"  "Rejoice!"...
Their lyrics rang.
"Blessed!"  "Loved!"  Provided for are we!"...
Continually they sang!

The song of those birds made me pause;
I gave thought to what played.
And with a voice not so beautiful I too cried out, "Rejoice!"
"Indeed, this is a day that the Lord has made!"

Sonny Davis

Comments

  1. Did you write that? That's REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kim. I wrote that this morning while listening to them sing their little hearts out. Thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing at what the Lord blesses us with in this daily walk of life that yet so many take for granted. Love the poem. Thank you for sharing it with us. - Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts