The Mission.

Gripped so completely by the feeling that we must accomplish the task soon, I rarely gave thought to my ongoing sickness.  And though it had derailed our plans for a little over a week now, it was definitely "go-time".  We were "all-in".  The sense was that time was running out, even though there really was no timetable.

With those thoughts in mind, my wife and I rolled out of the driveway with eager expectations.  Failure was not an option.  We both knew what was at stake.  A brief look into her eyes revealed to me that she too knew of the importance of this mission; no words were needed.  Still, I quipped "Let's do this", and with a fist bump, we were on our way.

Focused.  Committed.  Prepared.  We knew that we would not fail on this day as we proceeded to our destination.  Conversation was scarce, but emotions were high with anticipation; with eagerness.  Soon we would be standing at the GZ...very soon.

From the moment we rolled up to within 150 feet of our coordinates, I knew this mission was only half complete.  "Now the real work begins" I thought to myself.  We made our way out of the transport vehicle and moved stealthily to the predetermined location.  Glances were made in each direction to ensure secrecy.  No one was looking.  There were no Muggles around!  My heart raced wildly within me and felt as though it would burst out of my chest at any moment.  Adrenaline pumped through my veins.  This was it!  It was now or never!

Dealing with such high emotion caused me to not remember exactly which one of us located the cache, but it doesn't really matter.  We are a team!  And on this day, Team DAWGTRAX recorded a significant milestone in our geocaching history...our 100th find!!

(Our 100th Find:  "This Little Piggy Went..."  GC2QBFG)

Comments

  1. Congrats on your 100! Milestones are always fun to hit.

    Also that is a cool container. I have never seen one quite like that before. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 is an exciting 1st milestone - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts